Re: Wyong stupidity

Hi,

are they actually asking for a factual answer or are they in need of
emotional reassurance?

Remember lots of platform announcements turn out to be false.. such as
the many times we passengers are told to wait on platform X but the
train actually arrives on platform Y and we have to make a mad rush up
stairs, over a crowded footbridge and down another set of crowded
stairs while we hope the train waits for us! It is worse if a subway
is involved as we can at least keep the train in sight as we race over
stairs /footbridges; in subways we loose sight of the train and just
hope we have the correct platform tunnel!

The topic is not to blame the train crew or to blame the platform
staff. Usually it is some other fault caused by some other train
running out of sequence but we passengers are just frustrated!!

Cheers
Peter

On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 02:25:10 +1100, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Robert Harris wrote:
>
>> But you must admitt being asked the same question 50 million times can get
>> annoying, especially if the reason is evident.
>
>Like when you arrive at Auburn, and 13 people ask if the train goes to
>Parramatta, all standing next to each other trying to shout each other down.
>Making a PA announcement of the stops does not help either.  They all want their
>question answered individually.
>
>--
>David Johnson
>CityRail Guard