Re: 4401 and 3801 Ltd

Bob wrote:

> Stupid loco number? What's wrong with 3801? I'm sure they would address the
> problem if ever they didn't have 3801. Until then they have an excellent marketing
> tool. Everyone knows what 3801 is, how many know what the RTM is? Not many outside
> the enthusiast ranks I would imagine.
>
> Ok just say they did loose 3801 ( it fell over a cliff or blew up or something) and
> they were to change their name. They would then have to rename all their rolling
> stock, their so called uniform, stationary and every thing else with 3801 Ltd.

This is money that they can't afford. They might now because of the help from the
government but from the figures I have seen the help does not go far enough.

My point is if they had a better name like (this is only for the sake of this reply)
NSW TRAIN TOURS as the main title and is you realy wanted to include 3801, as you say
3801 is well known, something like: operators of the famous 3801. as a sub title.

By doing this if 3801 drops dead the name NSW TRAIN TOURS can still ring true.

rgds