Re: Freightcorp 82 class now working to Fisherman Island, Qld

In article <746252$4mt$1@grissom.powerup.com.au>,
  Graham Duffin <duffin@dyson.brisnet.org.au> wrote:
> Tonight (Thu 3rd Dec 98) at 9.28pm 8258 & 8206 went past here at
> Salisbury heading towards Acacia Ridge.  They were hauling 12 open wagons
> which didn't appear to have anything in them.

While I was travelling home on Wedensday night, I overtook SB9 at Epping, the
freightcorp service replacing the Grafton pickup (1627). The loading of
cement, milk and sugar empties was the usual behind the two 82s, but there
were 12 NOCY empty wagons on the back of the train.  This must tie in with
your sighting on the Fisherman Islands branch.

SB9 is designed to go through to Brisbane when needed, but has been in the
past terminating at Grafton due to lack of traffic to Brisbane. It sounds
like this is going to change.

I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis