Re: QR and Zig Zag railway carriage deal

Graham,

It is a little more complex than what yuo are suggesting.

In simplistic terms, ZZR is buying Set 50 (some of the cars have already
arrived) to replace cars (mainly ex-SAR cars) that were lost in bushfires last
December.  Evans cars are being sold by ZZR, and it would not surprise of they
are going to Mary Vale.  Certainly, there is no way that ZZR is able to supply
any 200-class cars to QR; we only have six cars (including two Intermediates,
only one of which is operational).  On the other hand, ZZR is doing, under
contract, certain work for QR so far as rebuilding and reconditioning AEC
motors, and assisting QR in the procuring of spare parts.

If further information is required, please advise, and I will explain further.
--

Regards

David Donald
Springwood, NSW