Re: Hillside and Bayside

>Hi,
>
>Hillside trains is responsible for:
> * Spencer St Stn
> * Flinders St Stn
> * Richmond Stn
> * Burnley group of lines
> * Clifton Hill group of lines
> * Newmarket - Flemmington Racecourse line.
> * Spencer St LayBy Sidings
> * Macaulay Stabling Sidings
> * and (within their lines) Victoria Park, Macleod, Eltham, Hurstbridge,
>Burnley, Camberwell, Ringwood, Lilydale, Upper FTGully, Belgrave and Glen
>Waverley stabling sidings, as well as Bayswater, Epping Maintenance
>Centres, and perhaps even Macaulay Maintenance Centres.
>
>Bayside trains is responsible for:
> * All Northen group of lines (except Newmarket - Flemmington Racecourse)
> * All South Yarra group of lines
> * Melbourne Yard stabling sidings (next to North Melb stn)
> * North Melbourne stabling sidings
> * and (within their lines) Oakleigh, Dandenong, Pakenham stabling
>sidings, (and Warragul, although ANOTHER rumor is around again that
>Bayside will not run Warragul services soon..), all Frankston line
>stabling sidings, (can't remember them all...).  As well as, Upfield,
>Broadmeadow, StAlbans stabling sidings and Sandringham also.  Newport
>Workshops is primarily used for Bayside stabling and light maintenance,
>although Hillside trains go there heavy maintenance and Wheel lathe work.

And they take their division very seriously too. In the recent Hillside
Trains tourist brochure on what attractions were near Hillside stations, all
Bayside controlled areas were greyed out INCLUDING all Bayside controlled
City Loop stations and the track between the city and Newmarket. The
Flemington Racecourse line from Newmarket was in yellow again. Anyone not
knowing the story behind the corporatisation probably stands a good chance
of being confused - do Hillside trains go round the Loop, do Hillside trains
run a shuttle along the Flemington Racecourse line and thats why the service
to the city is not shown, etc, etc.  We know that a) Yes they do and b) no
but would Joe Schmuck?

And are Bayside going to bring out a similar brochure with their tourist
attractions and major landmarks not showing any of Hillside routes including
Spencer Street and Flinders Street stations or Richmond Station?

When we reach this kind of silliness where corporate identity is pushed over
clear, relevant information, I feel as though the poor commuting public is
about to lose out yet again.

And of course, when Hillside were allocated Flemington Racecourse line as an
afterthought, we got the headline in Hillside News: "Hillside expands".
Hmmm...