Re: Accident at Pakenham this week? Dandenong to be exact!

Andrew R Blume wrote:

> The Herald sun had a brief article about an accident at (or near)
> Pakenham earlier this week, but specific details weren't mentioned.
>
> Anyone got information on this?

>From my reliable source, the accident actually happened at Webster
Street (Dandenong, Vic.) level crossing on Friday (7 Aug.) involving a
truck and a suburban train.  Some signalling equipments were damaged and
this affected all train services on Pakenham and Cranbourne lines beyond
Dandenong.  The level crossing was also closed for road traffic.

Train services from Dandenong onwards should resume today (Sunday).

Cheers,

I.C.

TRANSLIB PTY. LTD.                                   A.C.N. 077 950 513
                                             Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
712 Glenferrie Road                                Fax: +61 3 9815 1299
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                      Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
Australia                          Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media             Information Service              Stationery
                 Your Partner in Library & Office Supplies