Toolamba-Echuca upgrade

Although the upgrade of this line is still yet to be completed, although
they are well under way, what was the reasoning behind the upgrade.  It is
unlike the government or V/Line to do something logical and try get the
rice from Tocamwal to Echuca the shortest possible way, as was don a few
years ago.  I have also heard that the plan is to dice Toolamba and send
all the Echuca goods through Toolamba.  Can anyone verify this.
On my way from Broadmeadows to Geelong one day I stopped at North Melbourne
and noticed that the Geelong cement wagons were there, possibly for further
storage.

Doug.