Re: NR class loco names

David Bromage <dbromage@metz.une.edu.au> wrote in article
<60coaj$ssk$3@gruvel.une.edu.au>...
> I don't see a problem with retronaming preserved locomotives, so long as
> some sort of uniformity is maintained, such as the S class (steam and
> diesel) given names of famous people connected with Victoria, the A class
> named after Brownlow medalists and the Sprinters named after Victorian
> sports personalities. It would not be unreasonable to give all restored R
> classes "City of" names.

I don't mind operating locos being renamed, but those in museums should
not.

The ARHS museum has defaced X36 in this manner, and also has wrong number
plates on its J class.

Museums should be a place to go to reflect on the past with authentic
displays, instead of being for the gratification of museum workers.

--
Cheers

John Wayman