Re: LEADERSHIP LETHARGY, OR HOW NOT TO GROW THE BUSINESS - WEST AUSTRALIAN RAIL

STANLEY J. MITCHELL <mitchell@gold.net.au> wrote in article
<01bcbd14$6e984600$c4d217cb@mitchell>...
> I ask the question.....Does Westrail really need to be sold? As an
> ex-Westrail employee I think not.
> Westrail is supposed to be running at a profit. Long before the word was
> even invented, we in the west were "down sizing". The rest of the country
> has been playing catchup ever since.
> Westrail was doing the slash and burn whilst the rest of the country was
> sleeping. Seems to me that we in the west set the standard and the rest
> followed !!!!!
> The result is that now, whilst the standard gauge track is terrible,
> Westrail is doing very nicely, thankyou very much !!!!!

Yes, if it is making a nice profit someone has probably asked to buy it
from the Government.

This seems to be how it operates in Victoria.

My observation is that if anyone wants to buy any government assets, the
cabinet will do back flips to ensure that they are sold asap!
--
Cheers

John Wayman