Re: Melbourne Trams Pt 5: Miscellaneous Notes

<Sorry, I meant to post this to aus.rail, but instead replyed directly
to the author>.

The last I heard on the matter was that MEB was to be retained for
general aviation and freight purposes, as shifting that traffic to Tulla
would potentially result in the kind of delays you expect at Sydney KFS
(albeit without the flightpath restrictions to appease locals), and
bring forward the construction of the extra two runways (MEL currently
operates with two runways, 1 NS, 1EW).

I am not aware though whether that was an "official" resolution, or
whether a decision is still up in the air (pardon the pun).

David