Re: Olympic Loop

Derek Woodlands wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Dec 1997 09:36:43 +1100, Bob <gioia@fastlink.com.au> took
> time out from wrapping gaffer tape around gerbils and wrote:
>

> >    My information is that a Tangarra set cannot open its doors as
> they
> > jam the platforms. Also the Tulloch trailers are at a different
> height
> > to the platform. I believe that trials were held with all combos of
> cars
> > last week and the embarassing results became obvious. Who is the
> bright
> > spark responsible for this? Another waste of money! I hear that all
> > platforms will have to be cut back. OUTRAGEOUS!!! These twits are
> paid
> > to manage our  railway.                                       Bob
>
> What's the betting that a public servant comes up with an idea to
> build a new fleet of trains just for the Olympic loop.
>
> Catchya
>
>    http://www.ozemail.com.au/~kingpin1
>
>       >The home of #The-Pit <
>
> > Home of the Aussie Dropbear Page <

   An anouncement on the "Olimpic Train"  4GT  is expected in February.
80 cars should be in service by late 1999, however this is nowhere near
enough to run exclusivly on this line during peak demand times. No, I
think I can hear those jackhammers working right
now.                                              Bob