Re: Fish & Chip(s)

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997 19:44:59 +1100, "tezza" <tezza@atinet.com.au>
wrote:

>Can anyone tell me the origin of the name of the old Fish & Chip(s) service.
>There was a lot of discussion in the Telegraph a few years ago but I don't
>know what the outcome was and someone brought it up the other day.

oh dear, what have you unleasehed here :))))) - this could become the
longest thread in the history of aus.rail. There are soooooooooo many
stories - from the names of the train crews on the first "Fish" and
first "Chips", to the appearance of the "Fish" train (stainless steel
with round windows looking like a scaly fish).

Probably one of the greatest urban myths of the NSW rail system - good
luck sorting out the answers :))