Re: Bowser Loop

Maurie Daly <mauried@commslab.gov.au> wrote in article
<mauried.412.34A4D397@commslab.gov.au>...
> In the latest PTC MTP a crossing facility called Bowser Loop on the BG
between
> Wangaratta & Wodonga is listed, and times are even given,but I couldnt
find
> this loop.Does it actually exist.
> Now that Wangaratta has been almost demolished as a station, you cant
cross
> trains there any more,the single line section is Benalla to Wodonga,
about 100
> kms,must be the longest single line section in Australia.
> Or maybe the PTC are going to close the BG line ??

    Yes Maurey the Loop does exist, but not at Bowser, it is in fact
almost at the top of the long straight grade about 10 kms short of
Springhurst. Sorry I am on Hols and left my Timetable in my Locker. The
loop was installed about 2 years ago with Riggs Creek. No one on the job
expects it will ever be used now. It was
most probably cause for one of our Bosses promotion sideways!!
Recently Wangaratta downgrading left an extra track [tk3 now tk2]
and it is expected the Yanks, when they take over, will reopen Wang as a
Crossing Station, probably using a modified ASW
 Point controll [DICE].
                                Cheers Rod