Re: Front steps on C class.

A simple question for my Victorian modelling colleagues and it relates
to the C class diesel electric locomotive. In particular, the steps on
the low nose end.
Drawings show these steps as being full width, as they are on the long
hood end. However, my photo collection indicates that the innermost
corner of the step-well has been plated over, at the same angle as the
low hood profile above it. Thus the steps are not actually full width,
and have only possibly a 2/3rds surface to them.
Ironically I cannot find any direct side-on photos of the loco to verify
this, especially in recently produced publications.
What is the answer, please? After all, there is a model due out in the
immediate future, and I suppose we'll all like to know if it's correct
or not!

Cheers,

Allan