Re: GSR-Keswick

scorpion <"Scorpion"@SE Net.com.au> wrote in article
<34a797c3.0@kastagir.senet.com.au>...
> Had to catch the Overland the other night, what a disappointment. Just
> when will private enterprise get it write? I got told to be at Keswick
> to pick up my ticket by 6.30pm, I got there at 6.25 and there was a Q of
> 8 in front of me already. Then I saw just one booking clerk frantically
> attending to the Q. I kid you not, 24 minutes waiting in line and in the
> heat why don't they get that air conditioning fixed. Or is this a
> service ploy to get people to buy their tickets elsewhere. Can someone
> please enlighten me to why GSR only have one clerk on duty or is it just
> profits not service driven railway. Never ever had this problem with the
> Govt. run service.

Now that "The Overland" is being operated by a dynamic, customer-orientated
organisation, things really are improving - only one booking clerk, queues
out the door, removal of club car, etc. What is wrong with these
improvements? Surely this is the way to get people back on the railways!

Regards

David Proctor
daproc@bigfoot.com