Re: Electric rail in NSW

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:43:25 +1100, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Peter Neve wrote:
>
>> I would have to disagree. The only remaining section of the Darling Harbour branch
>> terminates short of the Light Rail line and has a siding off it into Powerhouse
>> Museum.
>>
>> Just being pedantic!
>
>I would have to disagree!  There is no such thing as the darling harbour branch anymore.
>The Powerhouse museum siding starts in Sydney Yard.  It is a single line Siding, so only
>one side of the gauntlet track tunnel will ever be used.
>
>Just being pedantic.
>
>--
>David Johnson
>CityRail Guard
>trainman@ozemail.com.au
>http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman

Ah, yes.   Correct.   But I referred to "the only remaining section of
the Darling Harbour line".   It does remain.   One line is used
(occasionally!).  As David says, it has been renamed,   but it still
remains as part of the former Darling Harbour branch.

Just being more pedantic on my previous correspondence.

Pete.