Re: QR Tilt Train

garry <garry@merddyn.apana.org.au> wrote in article
<3495BBF1.28030FF@merddyn.apana.org.au>...
> According to reliasble sources today, the tilt train has run to the
> Coast twice to record the track into its memory and to test its
> tilting mechanism at high speed on the few curves the line has.
>
> Unconfirmed reports say that the train has possibly topped 200 kph. It
> is expected that a speed record will be attempted at some time in the
> future as many in the raiilways and elsewhere are suggesting it be
> done.
>
> Sections of track are being investigated as possible sites for a
> record speed attempt.
>
> Cheers
>
> Garry

Am I the only person who thinks that QR is tempting fate by planning to run
the intended service (BDB-BNE-ROK and v/v), requiring two sets, without ANY
spare carriages? Modern rolling stock may be reliable, but accidents
happen, and sooner or later these cars are going to have to go in for heavy
maintenance involving stripdown and they will be left with only one set -
then they will be in big trouble.

Regards,

David Proctor
daproc@bigfoot.com