Re: More Crap in the Crowvertiser

nldoncas@cobweb.com.au (Nic Doncaster) wrote:
>That highly respected journal noted that consideration is being given to the
>routing to trains into Adelaide station today.
>Take it any way you like.
>The way they talk about my Employer, I wouldn't rely on it
>Nic

Your right there Nick, of course it depends where they
get their information from and how well they check it.

For example, last saturday they told the populace that
MacMahon Construction "built" the Tarcoola to Alice
Springs line.  This is absolute crap, MacMahon were
only one of many contractors who did the earth works
and bridges.  The first major contract for 200 Kms of
earthworks went to the firm of FT & BI Thompson & Son,
Macca's came in later, and as everybody knows
Australian National Railways did all the track work.!

Heh Heh ....guess who is in a consortium and one of the
bidders for the Alice to Darwin line, MacMahon's.
The old Crowvertiser is just "looking after" a SA
Company, with a bit of PR, even if it was overstated.

Cheers

----Tell
Alice Springs NT