Re: Diversions on Short South Sat 13 December

nashp@magna.com.au (Peter Nash) writes:

>I assume the divertions were because of trackwork on the Illawarra.
>I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm this and, if possible, also
>indicate whether there will also be diversions next weekend as well.

 Hurstville to Sutherland was closed. I dunno what the work was, but
early Saturday morning, a spoil train ran past Carlton. Since the track
between Hurstville and Sutherland is CWR on concrete sleepers, only put
down a few years ago, I wonder what they needed the spoil train for. The
track shouldnt need relaying yet - that new trackbed is supposed to last
for much longer than 6 years.

--
Matthew Geier,                 | Australian Public Access Network Association
matthew@sleeper.apana.org.au   | +61 2 9587 9773