Re: Xplorer collision

Maurie Daly wrote in message ...

>The truck driver was unable to get the truck off the crossing before it was
>struck by the southbound ghan.
>How does the law act in these circumstances?

While a bit off the point Maurie's making, a couple of years ago a farmer
with a truck load of wheat ran into the side of an ore train at Esperance,
derailing 20 or so wagons. If he didn't have insurance, I suppose he would
have lost his farm. The railways generally have every option covered, so
that legally they rarely bear any responsibility.