Re: CAR Narrow Gauge remembered.

John McCallum wrote:

> <Chomp>
> Unless the situation has changed in the last 18 months, the PRR NT does see
> service in an emergency capacity. When I was there just after Easter 1996 I
> saw the NT is use on two occasions, the first to rescue the NSU and the second
> on shunting duties. At the time, all steam locos were out of service for
> various reasons.
>
> John McCallum.

NT76 is still very much in service.  It is used as the large power shunter (for those jobs NB30 can't
handle), and works a large number of our ballast and other works trains.
The NT, although not looking as good as the NSU, is far kinder on the track, hence generally gets more
mainline work than the NSU.
Apart from the occasional failure account old batteries, the NT has been a good unit.

Cheers,

Peter

--
This is not an opinion of the Pichi Richi Railway,
just the personal comments of the author.