Re: A85 on Up B/M Pass

Yuri J Sos wrote:
> However, this morning's 8124 up Bacchus Marsh pass was hauled through
> Sunshine at 1028 by A85.

On 8/12 a 17:25 I noted A85-PH-FLH32 on a down pass at Franklin Street.

> Is there just a practical rotation to better utilise As on weekends or
> have more As been assigned to the pass division (I've been told it's
> the freight division that is hungry for motive power, hence S310's
> repair, so I wouldn't have thought freight would be giving away
> engines).

First I saw of S310 was at GEX loco on 3/12 (seen from 8207, so that
would be around 9:40), on 9/12 at approx 12:55 it was sitting on the
turntable (again at GEX loco).  V/Line Freight could have at least
thrown some paint at it - it's looking very sad :(

Cheers,
Craig.
--
Craig Haber