Re: Maribyrnong River Line

Leslie Brown wrote:

>As part of my usual sticky-beak on this line, the rails have now quite
>rusted over and no train seems to have visited these tracks in at
>least in the last 3 months or so.

Aaha, in your usual sticky beak, you haven't noticed the large number
of "Energy Brix" B-doubles now frequenting Jeff's Road, no, sorry
Footscray Road, no, sorry, Melbourne Road, no sorry Docklands Highway.
The drivers are all Jeff's mates from the Grand Prix (or think they
are:  they seem a *very* aggressive group of fast drivers!  as I
commute along Footscray Road (I remember when it was still called New
Footscray Road <sigh!>) every day.  I agree,  I haven't seen a train
there for yonks.

However the current NSP (it's no longer a MASTER TRAIN PLAN, it's a
NETWORK SERVICE PLAN) still shows

9527 Tue - mSa (what's mSa - maybe Saturday, most Saturdays???)
Dep West Tower 0540
Arr Maribyrnong River Terminal 0605
Forms 0528 Light loco dep 0615 arr Dynon Loco 0645

0527 M-F Depart SDynon Loco 1530, arr MRiverT 1555
Forms 9528 M-F dep MRiverT 1645 arr West Tower 1700.
Forms loco of 9141.

Regards

Yuri