Re: Epping Line, Vic.

John McCallum wrote:

> In article <347E070E.5E17@mesmtpse.ericsson.se>, epa.epacoh@mesmtpse.ericsson.se wrote:
>
> >I have been travelling on the Hurstbridge line since about 1981 and have
> >seen many timetable changes.  The express trains are a bonus, but I have
> >always wondered.
>
> >What are the reasons to there being no express trains on the Epping line
> >during peak times?
>
> The only reason express trains run on the Epping line is to get trains to and
> from the Epping Mainenance Centre. All normal service trains stop all
> stations.
Yes this is true but why do they have a timetable that dates back to
early this century.  Hasn't patronage increased since they reopened the
line to Epping.

> I don't think that Hillside will do that, it will be a job for the Government
> as owner of the system. If the government sells the system, I think we can say
> goodbye to any further extensions on any line.
> That will apply to the trams as well.
Pity when even the taxi companies are calling for improved public
transport ( granted mostly at night )

> >Where do you write for input and suggestions that don't go into a
> >blackhole?
>
> The best person to send mail to would be the Minister of Transport. You could
> also try and persuade Jeff to change his mind, but I think that would be
> harder than climbing a greasy pole. :-)

What about timetable suggestions and arguments.  Why would it be the
Ministers responsibility for working out timetables and the accompanying
rosters?

The current facelift of stations was long over due with new carpark
facilities an added bonus.  But when will we see a new approach to when
trains are run.  I understand that there are safeworkings to accommodate
and running trains 24hrs a day would upset those who live next to the
lines.

Why are the timetablers hamstrung?  Lack of drivers?

So many questions.  I'll investigate.