Re: {nsw} When to change trains

"Dave Proctor" <david@spambait.proctor.net> wrote in message
k8g9ht8m857pfc1u5qouat05f616plmbq2@4ax.com">news:k8g9ht8m857pfc1u5qouat05f616plmbq2@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 30 May 2001 05:38:39 -0400, Maikha V Ly
> <maikha@MailAndNews.com> wrote:
>
> >I simply don't know why, rarely, I bought a ticket from Penrith to
Central
> >once, apparrently instead of printed City on my ticket, it printed
Milson's
> >Point!
>
> Reason for this is that the fare is the same as the fare to Central,
> so the booking office clerk merely has to press one key ("Milsons
> Point") compared to pressing three (to enter the three digit code for
> Central) - it does not sound like much, but you can imagine how long
> it would take if they looked up the code for every single passenger
> who went up to the window.

Same case with Burwood-City weeklies a few years ago. They were issued as
Parramatta-City weeklies...until in 1996 the fare scales were revised and
Burwood-City became what was printed on the ticket itself.

> >At Central had a 30sec seige with a CSA, thinking I was breaking the
fare,
> >but
> >she let me through since the ticket made it through the machine!

Incidentally, ManlyLink tickets will work at Central as well. The ticket
itself is really a combined <wherever> and City return, plus the ferry fare
from Circular Quay to Manly.

> So someone with a Glenfield to Central ticket will be fine whichever
> of the five routes they use, but may encounter difficulties if they
> try and exit a station half way along (if it is not on the shortest
> route).

I once used a Hornsby and City monthly ticket...it let me off at Epping AND
Chatswood.
Obviously, Hornsby to City via Epping is NOT the shortest route
available...but the ticket itself covered the entire Main North/City and
North Shore/City area.