Re: [Sydney] Ticketing - was Light Rail into the CBD?

"Bradley Torr" <truenorth@one.net.au.SPAMTRAP> wrote in message
01c0e998$19926820$9e2365cb@default">news:01c0e998$19926820$9e2365cb@default...

> Last year in the lead up to the sports carnival at Homebush
Bay, all
> unemployed people in the Illawarra (and doubtless other
regions) were sent
> letters to the effect that they would have to direct at least
50% of their
> jobseeking efforts to employment in Sydney, or else lose their
benefits.
> Finally, an admission from Government that regional employment
prospects
> are hopeless, so the peons may as well all not try.

The last time I looked, you have to be willing to accept any job
with up to 90 mins travel time each way in order to keep on
receiving a Centrelink payment (eg. if you were offered a job
with 80 mins travel time and refused it because it would take
too long to travel, you would get penalised by Centrelink).

ANDREW