Re: Coonabarabran mayor laments rail station loss

David Bromage wrote:

> The mayor of Coonabarabran has described the destruction of the town's
> railway station by a fire yesterday as a huge loss. Police have yet to
> confirm the cause of the blaze.

There is a train line to Coonabarabran?

Holy shit.

I have been there once or twice during my father's mad drives from
Melbourne to Brisbane via the New England Highway.

I hadn't thought about the dump for years until Sam Neil started
comparing Ashburton (NZ) with Parkes (NSW) over his new fim The Dish
which is set in Parkes, which is near Coonabarabran.

Is The Dish a hit movie in Oz? It has had rave revues over here. Ihope
to see it this weekend.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand