Re: City Circle 'W' s back in service.

    Fellow Travellers,
    Thanks for all the comments on the use and effects of track brakes in
service, all quite illuminating! But, I still want to get an explanation for
the additional brackets under the bogie frames towards the axle boxes. Also,
from what I can remember, it seems that hydraulic dampers have been fitted
to the suspension, this is a bit unusual for leaf springs, which due to
their friction, are usually considered to be self-damping.

Regards,

Bill.

3b144dec$0$25521$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3b144dec$0$25521$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...