Re: [Sydney] Ticketing - was Light Rail into the CBD?

Al wrote:

> Bill Bolton wrote:

> > I know where Ballarat is.  That sort of commute is regular thing for
> > many Sydney workers.

> And the question to ask is why??  Why spend 4 hours a day getting to and from
> work?  I've never had a job I've liked that much.

Well they don't. They have fast electric train services, from Newcastle,
Wollongong and wherever that Blue Mountains line is.

The Victorian equivalent would be equally fast electric trains between
Melbourne and Geelong and Ballarat. But Victorians can only dream. AFAIK
there are not even definite proposals to electrify the lines, though it
has been suggested over the years. And the electrification of the line
to Gippsland was ripped out a few years back.