Re: {nsw} When to change trains

On Wed, 30 May 2001 20:43:31 +1000, "Ted Gay" <tedgay@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>"Dave Proctor" <david@spambait.proctor.net> wrote in message
>eri7ht0sn14r8delhce91ht3n83gino1i6@4ax.com">news:eri7ht0sn14r8delhce91ht3n83gino1i6@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 30 May 2001 01:56:11 +1000, "B." <b.spammed@four12.net> wrote:
>>
>> >"Dave Proctor" <david@spambait.proctor.net> wrote in message
>> >n7f7ht454d6s4t9p3n15q6rnp5abe5jh21@4ax.com">news:n7f7ht454d6s4t9p3n15q6rnp5abe5jh21@4ax.com...

>> >I'll just take a note of that for future reference.
>>
>> Don't forget "mens rea" while you are at it.
>>
>> Dave
>
>Gees Dave,  fair go, or in this thread = fare go, reading aus.rail and you
>have me reaching for my copy of Osborn's Concise Law Dictionary!

LOL

Translation time......

For a criminal offence to occur, there must be "mens rea", i.e.
"criminal intent" or intent to do the action which is illegal. Now I
am not saying that I have not performed an action which the
legislature has said (by way of legislation) is unlawful, but I am
saying that I did not have the necessary criminal intent (i.e. the
intent to perform the act which the legislature says is unlawful) at
the time the offence was committed.

Dave