Re: [Sydney] Ticketing - was Light Rail into the CBD?

"Bill Bolton" <billbolton@computer.org> wrote in message
> "Peter Parker" <parkerp@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Though not perfect, Melbourne's multimode zonal/time system scores
> > considerable better than Sydney's.
>
> A colleague who is moving to Ballarat was telling me today what he
> would have to do to get to get to his new place of work someway down
> St Kilda Rd in Melbourne.  Instead of the single Travel Pass he uses
[...]
> As in all things nothing is perfect and the Melbourne approach has its
> own significant shortcomings.

Perhaps, yes... but...
I hate to break it to you, but Ballarat is not in metropolitan Melbourne. It
is almost 2 hours from the CBD, and around an hour from the outskirts of
Melbourne.

Add another 15-20 mins to St Kilda Road, and that's looking like one helluva
commute!

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia