Re: [NSW] Money wasted on taxis

David Bennetts <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<yJXO6.3181$Ld4.139835@ozemail.com.au>...

> The Highlands Post reports that the MP was appalled by the incredible
waste
> of money, when alternative transport was available.

<snip>

MLA Peta Seaton is one of the state's better MP's when it comes to standing
up for her constituents, and is quite popular from what I can tell among
Southern Highlanders. She recently got quite a bit of media exposure when
she pointed out appalling school infrastructure and building conditions in
schools in her area. The fact that she's a Lib makes her demands for more
state funding for education, health and transport even stranger

Which is why I'm a little puzzled at why she would be protesting against
the fact that her constituents got taxi travel at no expense to themselves
thanks to CityRail's stuff-up. Agreed, I think the passengers should have
been allowed onto the XPT (those who were going to Moss Vale and Goulburn),
but what did she want CityRail to do - make the XPT all-stops through the
Southern Highlands (thus delaying even more passengers), or simply make a
whole new Endeavour materialise out of thin air?

The $1,000 in taxi travel was worth it in my opinion. At least CityRail did
SOMETHING, and not leave its Southern Highlands commuters shivering in
Campbelltown.

Regards
BT