Re: Big Dipper takes $5m ride from Luna Park

"Mike Alexander" <malex @ bigfoot com> wrote:

> The Scenic Railway is quite unique in that it has a "driver" (actually a
> brakeman) to stop the cars from going too fast and derailing.

Thanks for that... the roles of the two rail systems in the Park had
obviously drifted a bit in my memory over the years.

Just on the matter of roller coasters with drivers... such things did
exist in the US at one time.  Third rail powered roller coaster
"trains", complete with motorman in the front seat.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton
Sydney, Australia