Re: Million dollar upgrade of Sydney's western rail lines

Jonathan Boles <jaboles@crossswinds.net> wrote in article
<vnKO6.11274$hV3.11459@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...
> East Hills in the western suburbs? Another state government political
stunt
> to woo westie voters by referring to most of Sydney as the western
suburbs?

'Western suburbs' is more a cultural delineation than a hard-and-fast
geographical area. Liverpool and Campbelltown are more south-west than
west, but no one can deny that these cities are populated by 'westies'.

I would refer to pretty much anything west of Metroad 6 as 'western
suburbs'.

Regards
BT