Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

On Tue, 22 May 2001 05:19:19 GMT, "Daniel Bowen"
<dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:

>"Dave Proctor" <david@spambait.proctor.net> wrote in message
>160igtkuhdetb2m1lramol8cp3glq4hbhq@4ax.com">news:160igtkuhdetb2m1lramol8cp3glq4hbhq@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 21 May 2001 11:06:46 GMT, "Daniel Bowen"
>> <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:
>> >Absolutely correct. I always try to point this out to people - if there's
>3
>> >or more of you, a taxi is definitely the best bet.
>>
>> Myself and two other umpires caught a cab from Flinders Lane to the
>> Airport last January (delete gratutious Australian Open, brought to
>> you by Ford, plug) and it cost us over $40. And since I once existed
>> in Melbourne, I was able to keep track of the way he went, and he
>> certainly went the quickest way. Would have been cheaper to get
>> SkyBus.
>
>How much over $40? Skybus would have cost you $36. And unless you organised
>the hotel pickup, the tram or train fare to Spencer Street for the 3 of you
>would have been another few dollars. Plus, of course, time is money :-)

It cost about $42 - we left Flinders Lane at 1030, I was on the 1300
flight, one was on the 1400 flight and the third was on the 1430
flight (we wanted some time in the Qantas Club - but alas, the bar was
closed until 1500).

Dave