Re: Graffiti vandals go online

c5f9ea69.0105210505.6b0fe28b@posting.google.com">news:c5f9ea69.0105210505.6b0fe28b@posting.google.com...
news:<a1QH6.29503$ff.216734@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> > Maybe we can get the Vic Police to investigate
> > http://melbournewriters.cjb.net/
>
> I run the site, why would they investigate? What's to investigate?
> Incase you forget, the government tried to shut down some graffiti
> sites, but failed.  My site shows a pictorial documentation of
> graffiti, I don't encourage or condone illegal activity.

I don't doubt that legally, the government is in a very weak position over
this.

> Promoting graffiti is illegal, but simply showing pictures of trains
> with graffiti isn't illegal.

"If you wish to have any of your work put online simply send in a good clear
photo."
-- sounds like promotion of graffiti to me. If it's not promotion, what is
it?

While this style of painting is undoubtedly a form of art, I would argue
that the placement of it on other people's property, with its consequent
effect on the running of the transport system, pretty much forfeits its
status as "art".

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia