Re: Re: Train travel question

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
news:dbvdgtobsi5bt63o6n3qr3tsa9fm3abbl4@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 19 May 2001 21:43:46 +0100, "Jason" <jasonp@bigfoot.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <YrhN6.555$Ld4.25535@ozemail.com.au>, "David Bennetts"
> ><davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >> Bowral, and are close to time at least 80% of the time, not marvellous,
> >> but saying they are always late because you may have experienced a delay
> >> or two is plain stupid.
> >
> >I got off 3 times. When I got back on it was over an hour late 2 out of
> >the 3 times. The people who had phoned up Countrylink where told that the
> >train was ontime. That's a pretty bad record.
>
> Try CityRail - they may be more reliable.

How prophetic.

CityRail's 1357 Bundanoon - Campbelltown service left Bundanoon spot on time
today.  Half a dozen Sydney bound Countrylink passengers watched it go and
waited for their service due 22' later.

The 1419 service to Sydney from Canberra/Griffith was 45' late (talk about
happy campers waiting to join).  To top it off they were all booked in the ex
Griffith portion, the last 2 cars of the 5 car service so they all had to trek
100m down the platform to join.

What's the holding tolerance for either portion of this train to be held at
Goulburn if the other portion is late?

Chris