Re: Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

"Derick Wuen" <cullend@webone.com.au> wrote in message
3b0723a2@iridium.webone.com.au">news:3b0723a2@iridium.webone.com.au...
> David Johnson wrote in message ...
> >In all fairness, Tullamarine is a lot further from SSS than Mascot is
> >from Central, therefore, I would expect the price to be higher.
>
> Sydney PTC Airport Express is about one third the taxi fare to CBD;
> Melbourne Skybus significantly less than a third of taxi fare to CBD. So
> does not seem way out of whack.

Skybus is $12. A taxi to the city would, by my estimate, be around $30. Last
time I went from the airport to my home by taxi (roughly twice the distance
as from the city) it was about $60.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia