Re: [Melb] Dandenong line today

On Thu, 17 May 2001 10:32:41 GMT, "Daniel Bowen"
<dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:

>Anybody know what happened on the Dandenong line this morning (Thursday)?
>The driver of my city ex-Frankston train was told to stop all stations from
>Malvern to South Yarra to pick up passengers, and mentioned it on the PA a
>couple of times. Something to do with a level crossing.
>
>The train had been 10 minutes late anyway - it was about 15 late by the time
>we got to the city. Though it sounds like I got off lucky compared to Dandy
>line passengers.
>

>Daniel
I was waiting at Hughesdale for a city bound train just before 10 am
on Thursday when an announcement came over the PA. Due to a person
being injured at Clayton, city bound trains would be delayed until
further notice as they were waiting for an ambulance. I then drove my
car to Caulfield and caught a Frankston line train to the city.