Re: ex SAR '24' class in Cairns

Michael Lee wrote:

> In fact mainline steam do not run the proposed Cairns - Kuranda Steam
> service, but did the conversion work on the loco prior to it shipping
> to Aust.

When I was on one of Mainline Steam Trust's tours last year - in June -
J1211 to Otiria and a bus to nearby Paihia in the Bay of Islands - the
organiser said they were going to expand to Australia with the Cairns
service and were preparing the SAR 24 class for that.

Things may have changed since then.   After all the supply lines back to
Parnell Depot in Auckland are long, and they do rely on volunteers to a
large degree.

Cheers
Neil