Re: ID boards (nsw)

On Wed, 9 May 2001 21:13:16 +1000, "Brendan"
<nadnerb_2000@nospam.start.com.au> wrote:

>Saw an S set today (S 86?) which instead of the usual ID plate on the front
>had white lettering on clear plastic glued to the front of the train. Is
>this going to become mainstream?

Too many "Cookie Monsters" kept stealing the target plates, so they
started pop rivetting the targets to the front of the trains.   Now
they just put the letters and numbers on the train and abolish the
plate all together.

>Interestingly, this will mean that we will no longer be able to tell which
>sector it comes from by the colour of the ID plate

Sector 3 is the only one that I have seen that do this.

David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
These comments are made in a private