Re: [NSW] Open and Closed goods/freight yard

Eddie Oliver wrote:

> adding to some of the previous lists:
>
> Auburn
> Clyde (still open - strange that it hasn't been mentioned in anything so
> far posted?)
> Liverpool
> Ingleburn
> Campbelltown
> Bankstown
> Regents Park
> Leightonfield (still open)
> Rockdale
> Hurstville
> Sutherland
> Cronulla
> Waterfall
> Heathcote
> many other sites on the metropolitan goods lines

West Ryde is another closed yard that hasn't been added.

> But is there a matter of definition here?
> Are we trying to list all goods/freight sidings anywhere on the Sydney
> suburban system, or is there some question of whether the sidings were
> available for general public access versus private sidings, whether
> there needed to be several sidings to justify the label "yard", etc?

I would assume a "yard" to be multiple sidings together. It might be nice to
list all known private and public sidings.(!)  I'm sure any info of Sydney
suburban goods yards and sidings would be fill a good book or two (i.e
opening, closing dates, what private sidings did, type of traffic carried,
etc, etc).

Regards,

Jon Lau