Re: Daylight Overland

> Rods quite right .
> Running intercapital trains on only some nights per week doesnt make
> them very useful as a genuine alternative to planes or busses which do
> run every day and night.

GSR was very lucky to get huge increase patronage on The Overland. Most of
the passengers they attracted are those one who never been on train or at
least never been on the Overland.  GSR was also in luck when 2nd half of
last year patrol price gone mad and the recent collapse of Impluse,
otherwise Overland would be dead by now.

> It seems to me strange that the Vic Govt pays NXP subsidies to run
> country rail services in Victoria , but GSR who are arguably also
> providing country rail services in Victoria dont get any subsidies.
> Why is NXP not required to provide rail services to Ararat, Stawell
> Horsham and Dimboola , like Vline pass used to do before the guage
> conversion.
> Simply arguing that they dont have any SG rolling stock isnt much of
> excuse.

I think VLP told everyone they don't have ENOUGH rolling stocks .  It is not
require for VLP to run train services to these towns, Nexp took over simply
just run the service as it is now.

Cheers
James