RE: [VIC] Out of Puff at Puff!! (Slightly OOD)

>===== Original Message From "Adam Dunning" <adamdunning@start.com.au> =====

>Slightly OT, but National Logistics Coordinators, the operators of the
>Yallourn - Morwell coal railroad have closed this rail road and replaced it
>with trucks.  As far as i know, they have 4 DH's which came via Cooks
>Construction.  I know they don't want the locos because they recon the
>trucks are cheaper.  If interested talk to NLC.
>
>Adam

I think the 4 DH's might actually be Gemco built 4wDH locos that were built
in
the 80s for hydro tunnel construction in Tasmania. After that work finished,
and a period in storage, they went to the Interconnecting Railway at
Yallourn,
and worked there (with limited success apparently) until its closure last
year. Recent issues of Light Railways magazine have featured photos of these
little locos.

According to Locopage at
http://locopage.railpage.org.au/private/secv_cc.html
4 of the 6 ex-QR DH's went to sugar mills, anyone know about the other 2?

James