Re: Platform intercom systems (VIC) - green button

"Michael Wierzbinski" <wizzer1865@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3af69806$0$25513$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3af69806$0$25513$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
> I8vJ6.38860$ff.293809@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:I8vJ6.38860$ff.293809@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> >
> > "Michael Wierzbinski" <wizzer1865@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote in
message
> > > Correct, in fact if you know the specific number for that intercom you
can
> > > listen to the announcement. Although there is a specific sequence of
> > numbers you
> > > have to dial to be able to do it which has escaped my mind,of course
this
> > may
> > > have changed with PRIDE2.
> >
> > If they were smart, they'd publicise these numbers, like transport
services
> > in some cities do. I'd find it of great benefit to know my train was
late,
> > before I leave the house.
> >
> Sorry, can only be dialled internally, besides it would be a long list,
all
> platforms listed both up and down.

Wouldn't be hard to list the numbers on those station mini timetables that
they put out every so often, and on the timetables posted at the stations
themselves.

Ah well, just another dream. :-)

Daniel
--