Re: Re: Great Day out to Coota

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<246cft05373a2kblnce7k10r33trbbs79m@4ax.com>:

>>You are kidding aren't you?
>>Over 7km stretch the other side of Marulan I timed the posts at 3min
>>50sec and one 3km stretch at 1min 32secs. My rudimentary maths equates
>>that to 120k/h (or near as dammit) and yes, I was only using a
>>stopwatch and distance posts, so add ½ sec allowance for button
>>pressing inaccuracy and it still doesn't change the figures much. This
>>wasn't at the bottom of 500m dip, this was sustained over kilometres.
>
>I was under the impression that the max. legal speed for a 38 was 115
>km/h (70 mph).  I may be wrong...
>
>You also need to factor in speedo accuracy.

And wheel wear, which affects speedo accuracy. Small wheels make you go
slower, if you're observing speed limits. AFAIK it may be possible for the
Hassler speed recorder to be adjusted accordingly - don't quote me on that
though.

MK.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME