4801 and other Alcos' (and GM's)

Does anybody know what is (or has) happen(ed)ing to pioneer NSWGR Alco
DL-531, No. 4801?

Last time I was at Chullora Workshops (Nov. 99) 4801 was still stored in the
yard, complete and seemingly in reasonable condition. I was speaking at the
time to one of the workshops purchasing / disposals managers who was taking
measurements and photos of 42202, prior to its sale to N.R.R. He commented
when asked about 4801 that (figuratively) "..it was more than their lives
were worth to do anything untoward to 4801..." although he didn't specify
why. Since then, as far as I know, it is still at Chullora.

Are there any plans to preserve it by someone such as the Powerhouse Museum
or 3801 Ltd. or anyone else? [I know the RTM already have 4803] It would be
serendipitous if it went to 3801 Ltd (3801/4801 etc.) hmmm. The "48" they
have been using (4833) was privately owned and only on lease. It would be a
shame if it was lost to preservation as being the first of one of the
biggest classes of diesel locomotive in Australia. Also, it's significance
has grown since prototype DL-531. ex SAR No. 830 (A.N. No. 875) was rebuilt
to DA 5.

As for other notable Alco's worth preserving, I hope someone has got their
eye on 48165 (the last DL-531) and 8050 (the last NSW Alco full stop). I
would hate to see them disappear as did 44100, despite 44100 lasting to the
end of the "44" class in SRA Freightrail service. With all the other "44"'s
that survived, it's a real shame that 44100 went for scrap (as well as 4499
the "Grey Ghost"). Thank goodness 4401 survived!

On the subject of classleaders and interesting liveries, it would be nice if
someone can preserve Clyde GM, 4901! It would have been nice to see 3801 and
4901 working together! Two Clydes in green livery with yellow striping!
I am suprised that Lachlan Valley Railfreight, Northern Rivers R.R. or even
Great Northern haven't snapped up the remaining stored "49" class locos yet.
I would have thought branch line Clyde G.M.s would have been very popular
(despite their age).

Regards,

Steve Z.