Re: Re: XPT's Reduced

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
0sl5ftkm4rvtcdgcbgfe5osdcegumrb8mf@4ax.com">news:0sl5ftkm4rvtcdgcbgfe5osdcegumrb8mf@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2001 07:24:24 GMT, mauried@tpg.com.au (Maurie Daly)
> wrote:
>
> >I understand that the new XP power cars are 3000 HP.
> >If so ,we will now have 5 & 6 car XPTs ,total trailing load of 300
> >tonnes max pulled by 6000 HP worth of locos, total power of 20 HP /
> >tonne.
> >Is this much power really necessary??
>
> You're assuming that both locos actually work...

lol.  There is also the fact that they don't put out as much tractive to the
ground as an equivalent horse power loco.  The extra power might be to try
and lift this piddleing amount to something slightly larger.

And the H.E.P. that the XP's provide, Is this from off the main generator or
do they run an auxillary generator for this?

Adam