RE: [VIC] Out of Puff at Puff!! (Slightly OOD)

>===== Original Message From "Bryan Cullis" <spanky81@tpg.com.au> =====
>Hey everyone
>
>Tuesday night was a very interesting night for those of us who work in the
>Belgrave office for Puffing Billy

Thank you for a very interesting post :-)

  Also out of service was D21
>(ex-TGR diesel)
[snip]
  However, our faithful Mech. Eng.
>workers got D21 up and running, [snip]

I've always been a fan of the old TGR V class, and given that many of its
members have found new roles right across Australia on tourist/preserved
lines, it seems that these operators agree.

What's PBR's assessment of D21 (V12)? How does it perform, is it popular
amongst the drivers, any other comment? Why the number 21?

As an aside, I heard recently that the Zig Zag railway in NSW have sent
their
V class (V13) back to Tasmania, to work on the Abt Railway, from whence it
originally came.  But apparently they're getting two of the ex Emu Bay
Railway
10 class diesels, which of course are cousins of PBR's ex-QR D22. Has PBR
explored the possibility of obtaining one of the two 10 class that are still
in storage in Burnie, since the Hellyer branch line closed? Would you guys
want another "large" diesel? Any idea what one would cost? Maybe a deal
could
be struck whereby ex Mt lyell Abt Mo.5 steam loco could end up back in
Tassie,
in exchange for a diesel (sorry, sensitive topic I know)!

Cheers, thanx again

James