[VIC] Out of Puff at Puff!! (Slightly OOD)

Hey everyone

Tuesday night was a very interesting night for those of us who work in the
Belgrave office for Puffing Billy, as we were busy scratching away rough
timetables to cover for the fact that we had only ONE steam loco left,
making a total of TWO operating!!  On Tuesday afternoon, 7A broke a stay in
its boiler and quickly joined it's cohorts 8A (out for regular servicing)
and 14A (unsure of why, but something happened on the race weekend) in the
loco maintenance depot at Belgrave yards.  Also out of service was D21
(ex-TGR diesel) and the next closest loco to running the Gembrook shuttle,
little 861 (also known as "Dexter Decauville", one of out "Day out with
Thomas" locos).  Originally, all Gembrook services would be cancelled
leaving DH59 (ex-QR diesel) to haul the 1030 Lakeside and the 1415 Menzies
Creek; and 12A to haul the 1200 Lakeside.  However, our faithful Mech. Eng.
workers got D21 up and running, allowing D21 to haul the 1030 Gembrook with
DH59.

At current, 12A is still the only steam loco working, but 7A and 14A are
expected to return to service very, very soon (one possibly this weekend).
This leaves the following locos in service:

12A (steam); DH59 (diesel); D21 (diesel).

Toodlepip...

--
Bryan Cullis